October 2018 Sampling and Mapping
- 3 historic shafts, 4 pits and 7 trenches mapped on property
- Sample R318936 assayed 1.35% cobalt
- Sample R318939 assayed 0.63% cobalt, 0.864% nickel, 341 ppb gold and >2,000 ppm Bismuth
- 100% purchase of Cameron Cobalt Project in Ontario
- No royalty
Planned Exploration - 2019
- Searchlight plans to follow up the October 2018 field work with additional prospecting and mapping during the 2019 field season.
- A detailed UAV drone survey is being planned to cover the areas of known workings
Cameron Cobalt Project
The Cameron project is a 100% owned cobalt-nickel project located in the Cobalt Embayment, one of the most significant cobalt districts in Canada. The Cameron claim block consists of 64 claim units covering an area of 1,024 hectares in Brigstocke Township. The project was acquired in late 2017 and early 2018 from an Ontario prospecting group for a single payment of $10,000 Canadian with no royalty payment.
This acquisition is in keeping with Searchlight’s philosophy to continue to seek quality projects in low risk jurisdictions at good value.
The Cameron Cobalt Project is located in Brigstocke Township approximately 20 kilometers southwest of Cobalt, Ontario and 120 kilometers north of North Bay, Ontario. The property consists of 4 claim units covering an area of 64 hectares hosting the past exploration pits and a shaft of the Cameron target developed in the 1950’s which is now closed.
Location of Cameron Claims